Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Chateau Morrisette Angel Chardonnay (Local Wine!)


Name: Chateau Morrisette Angel Chardonnay
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: Virginia
Country: United States
Year: 2012
Price: $8.95

Winery review:  Tropical fruit and citrus flavors mingle with a touch of earthy toast in this Chardonnay made in the Blue Ridge region of Virginia. The feel of this wine is light but there’s a lingering acidity and assertive fruit character that makes it memorable. Pair it with lighter seafood dishes or enjoy on its own.

My review: We had just learned about Chardonnays in class and I couldn’t remember if I had ever had one or not. In class, we were taught that Chardonnays are rarely exciting but are a widely produced variety. I wasn’t expecting greatness, but I was really surprised when I liked this wine a lot.

The nose was apple and grass. It had a very light acidity, and tasted far less sweet than it smelled. I liked this wine but was blown away when I paired it with some food.

I tasted this wine with some French bread, Gorgonzola cheese, and venison summer sausage. All the flavors in the food really popped out with this wine; I felt the cheese and wine complemented and amplified each other amazingly. It was really pleasant and I would definitely get this wine again.


No comments:

Post a Comment