Thursday, February 20, 2014

Sonnenband Moscato Magnum


Name: Sonnenband Moscato Magnum
Variety: Moscato
Country: Spain
Year: Not Given
Price: Regular  $20 (Vintage Cellar)

Winery review:  This wine is intricate with the delicate perfumes of white flower blossoms, profound tropical fruit sweetness, and energized by citrus nectars.

My review: When I was watching the palate training video on Wine Library TV, I wasn’t sure why Gary V was try Skittles as a palate component food. No less than two days later, I found out. This wine tasted just like skittles and artificial candy. Moscatos are never my favorite wines but this was over-the-top candy. It smells floral with some very sweet candy sugar notes as well. I wouldn’t try this again.

I tasted this on its own with no food.


No comments:

Post a Comment