Thursday, February 20, 2014

Fattori Runcaris Soave 2010


Name: Fattori Runcaris Soave 2010
Variety: Soave Classico
Region: Soave
Country: Italy
Year: 2010
Price: Regularly $15 (Vintage Cellar)

Winery review: From the local Italian word for “to work the soil,” Runcaris represents an easy, fresh expression of Soave Classico with lingering aromas of citrus, yellow rose, honey, jasmine and dried herbs.
86 Points – Wine Enthusiast

My review: This was the first wine I tried today at the Vintage Cellar tasting. It’s 100% Garganega and apparently a good expression of the Soave area in Italy. Overall, I liked it. It wasn’t anything special but for the $7.95 sale price, I’d probably drink it again. It reminded me a lot of the Redwood Creek Sauvignon Blanc I reviewed last week. The nose was straightforward citrus with some floral mixed in, maybe rose. Tasting it was a big bomb of floral and citrus—the taste profiles were opposite of what the nose was: floral took over the citrus took over the back. It was an interesting wine but definitely not my favorite from today’s tasting.


I tasted this on its own with no food.


No comments:

Post a Comment