Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Noble Vines 337


Name:  Noble Vines 337
Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: Lodi, California
Country: United States
Year: 2011
Price: $11 (Online)

Winery review: The 2010 vintage exhibits appealing aromas of black cherry, ripe currant and lightly roasted coffee. Supple tannins and balanced acidity support core flavors of black cherry and blackberry intertwined with sweet herbs and accents of black pepper spice. Noble Vines 337 Cabernet Sauvignon can be enjoyed on its own or with grilled tri tip, BBQ and blue cheeses.

My review: I tried this at the wine dinner as well and probably wouldn’t have gone for this red myself. It seems a little pricey since I have found many wines I like for less than $10 and am never quite sure how to pick out reds. Still, I enjoyed this wine.

I’m assuming this is not 100% Cabernet Sauvignon, although I can’t find anything about it as a blend. We learned that this grape is big and bold in class and usually used in blends with other grapes. If this wine represents the fullness of Cabernet Sauvignon, I’m not too scared. I found this wine smell of dark red fruit and cherry. The taste was much the same with coffee notes similar to what you find in a coffee porter. I could definitely drink this again.


I paired this with more venison summer sausage and liked the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment