Saturday, March 15, 2014

2012 Nals Margreid Punggl Pinot Grigio



Name: 2012 Kellerei Nals Margreid Punggl Pinot Grigio
Variety: Pinot Grigio
Region: Alto Adige
Country: Italy
Year: 2012
Price: ~$17 (Disclaimer: I didn’t pay for this)

Winery review:  Nals Margreid has evidently mastered the art of Pinot Grigio. What makes this wine special is that its simple core is embellished by a whole series of tiny, sophisticated tweaks that make it a pleasure to drink. There are flavors of ripe fruit, almond and bright melon, with a creamy note of citrus on the finish. (Natalie Maclean, 90pts.)

My review: This was another from my secret wine source…my roommate who brings home wine from her work. I was trying this wine on the last day it would’ve been allowed to have been sold at the restaurant.

The main thing I noticed initially with this wine was just how dry it was. It was dry, acidic, and a flavor bomb. It tasted like ripe yellow fruit once you got past the sour dryness. I really enjoyed this wine and have to admit there’s something to this bottle that you aren’t likely to find with a cheap bottle of Pinot Gris.

I tasted this on its own with no food.


No comments:

Post a Comment