Sunday, March 9, 2014

El Sierro Macabeo/Chard.



Name: El Sierro
Variety: Macabeo/Chard.
Country: Spain
Year: 2012
Price: $6.95

Winery review: 
In the glass, there is a bright and shiny white wine with an incredibly welcoming, fresh appetizing aroma reminiscent of ripe tropical fruits. The flavor is rich, balanced and extremely comfortable. The near-perfect all-purpose white wine. As an additional benefit, and good evidence that El Sierro reflect the new Spain, the bottle is sealed with the technical viewed perfect screw cap that at once eliminates any risk of cork flavor and keeps the fruit and the wine fresher for longer time.

My review: This wine was flavorful, acidic, and nice to drink. It had a fruit flavor I couldn’t quite place that wasn’t quite the normal tropical fruit flavor I normally think about. Because the wine was very acidic and packed with flavor, I think I’d like this wine cold—colder than it was in the store. I really enjoyed this wine.

I tasted this on its own with no food.


No comments:

Post a Comment