Saturday, March 15, 2014

Esher Haus Riesling 2012



Name: Esher Haus Riesling 2012
Variety: Riesling
Region: Rheinhessen
Country: Germany
Year: 2012
Price: $8

Winery review:  One of those Riesling's that is really crisp and citric. Even has a taste of fresh picked rhubarb. Quite golden color. Only 9% alcohol. Does not have that typical heavy viscosity. The nose has peach and tropical fruit. The palate is very earthy lime, peach, papaya, mango and rhubarb bathed in shale. (Online Review)

My review: I’ve tried to diversify my Riesling tastes and am slowly trying to try all the inexpensive bottles I can find. This one was very enjoyable. It was heavy on peach and pear flavors with a little bit of floral on the finish. It was complicated to be sure, which is something I like out of Rieslings. This is a great wine to try if you like a dry Riesling or just want to try something different.


I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment