Sunday, March 2, 2014

First Light Moscato


Name: First Light Moscato
Variety: Moscato
Country: Australia
Price: $7.95

Winery review:  Ripe lychee, tropical fruits and musk on the nose as you near the glass. Lovely grape and stone fruits and on the palate is highlighted with the subtle sweetness and spritz that makes this such a fun drink. Low in alcohol and nicely balanced acidity ensure you will want more than one glass of this easy drinking wine.

My review: This Moscato really alters how I think about the varietal. Most Moscatos are syrupy and sweet; I haven’t ever really found one I’ve liked. This wine was very floral, though, and had just the right amount of carbonation. It was much more complex than the soda-like other Moscatos I’ve tried. I didn’t buy any wine at this tasting but I really got close to getting this one. This wine really surprised me.

I tasted this on its own with no food.


No comments:

Post a Comment