Sunday, March 9, 2014

Loredona Riesling



Name: Loredona Riesling
Variety: Riesling
Region: Monterey
Country: California
Year: 2011
Price: $7.95 (Vintage Cellar)

Winery review: 
If you like your Rieslings on the sweet side, this pretty wine is for you. It’s brisk in Central Coast acidity, with citrus, peach, honeysuckle and spice flavors that finish clean and long.

My review: I had this wine at the beginning of the semester and thought I would skip reviewing it again. After I read over that review, though, I saw how far I’ve come in terms of reviews so I’ll take another stab at this wine.

I’ve had a chance to try more Rieslings now and this one is very very sweet. I liked it a lot when I tried it before but I now have to say I prefer a drier Riesling. This one is very tasty and has a ton of flavor for such a sweet and syrupy wine. It was floral, citrusy, and with just a bit of that “old house” or wooden smell I was getting at more. Let me articulate that better: it smells like the inside of an older wood paneled house that had a decade or three of cigarettes and nicotine stains. In a good way. I like this wine and definitely recommend it to friends that want a sweeter wine that isn’t too much like drinking grape soda.
 

I tasted this on its own with no food.


No comments:

Post a Comment