Sunday, March 30, 2014

Entrada Malbec 2012



Name: Entrada Malbec 2012
Variety: Malbec
Country: Chile
Year: 2012
Price: $5.95

Winery review: Entrada Malbec is a medium bodied, easy-drinking example of what Argentinean winemaking is best known for. The wine has typical Malbec characteristics of berry and plum, mingling with hints of warm spice flavors. (online review)

My review: I bought a bottle of this after the tasting and with the discount got it for $5.63. That puts this wine well into the super cheap, Barefoot/Rex Goliath category of affordability. Even though it’s super cheap, it’s also an excellent Malbec. I could see this being a wine in the $10-$12 category and I would still feel like I was getting my money’s worth. It had really juicy blackberry flavor but was also quite dry and acidic. I really enjoyed this wine.

The nose was interesting and something I couldn’t quit place. It smelled like a damp field, does that make sense? Like the smell of wet grass/farm/hay. I liked it a lot. I will really enjoy drinking this bottle I bought!

I tasted this on its own with no food.


No comments:

Post a Comment