Sunday, March 23, 2014

Wine Men of Gotham Chardonnay/Semillon



Name: Wine Men of Gotham
Variety: Chardonnay/Semillon
Country: Australia
Year: 2008
Price: $7.95

Winery review: Chardonnay Semillon is a blend of 80% Chardonnay and 20% Semillon. It gives a moderate intensity of melon, guava, apricot and butterscotch aromas. The medium bodied palate provides attractive acidity along with plenty of tropical fruit flavors and a medium-long finish.

My review: This was a somewhat interesting Chardonnay. I think the blend with Semillon added an interesting character to this wine given the price point. There are other Chardonnays I’ve enjoyed more but this one isn’t bad. I got a lot of light melon (honeydew?) notes with this wine and thought it had a very crisp bite. This wasn’t a bad wine.


I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment