Sunday, March 2, 2014

Beltrame Friulano 2009


Name: Beltrame Friulano 2009
Variety: 100% Tocai Friulano
Region: Fruili
Country: Italy
Year: 2009
Price: $9.95

Winery review:  100% Tocai Friulano Straw-coloured yellow with a pale green tint express an intense, delicately aromatic and floral bouquet. The flavour is dry, soft, slightly fruity, with slightly bitter nuance in its almond aftertaste, and suggestion of peach.

My review: this was a very interesting white wine. It was kind of pale and looked like green tea almost. I can’t tell if it’s because it looks like it or not, but I got notes of green tea and florals here. The tea smell added an earthy component to the floral tastes. I like this a lot despite its simplicity and light flavor.

I tasted this on its own with no food.


No comments:

Post a Comment