Sunday, March 30, 2014

Vina Borga Borsao



Name: Vina Borga Borsao
Variety: 100% Grenache
Region: Campo de Borja
Country: Spain
Price: $6.95

Winery review: 86 Points – Robert Parker
Also made from 100% Grenache, the 2012 Vina Borgia was fermented and aged in stainless steel. Its medium dark ruby color is followed by abundant notes of strawberries and black cherries offered in a straightforward, medium-bodied, soft, hedonistic, round style. It is hard to believe a wine this good can sell for $7 a bottle. Enjoy it over the next 1-2 years.

My review: This wine was strange in a good way. I got some woody, smoke notes on the nose and it was definitely something I couldn’t place. It was straightforward in some of the fruity flavor but had a serious other note that made it complex. I was surprised that this wine was in the $7 category. Usually for this cheap I find wines I like because they’re simple; this one was definitely wasn’t that. I liked this wine a lot.

I tasted this on its own with no food.


No comments:

Post a Comment